(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Jennifer Tough
It appears that I am still on a massive garden inspired kick. This one was inspired by some lovely purple sage. Three glittery strands of Japanese glass beads, and some stunning Czech glass faceted donuts. A sizeable necklace that is easy on the pocketbook...we try, really we do!
I've also included a pure copper heart that I have given a heat patina. A while back, I wrote a blog post with instructions on using a torch to obtain a patina on copper. You can see it here.
The necklace is extremely easy to construct.
1) Separate your strand of donuts into three sorta-equal piles (there will be an extra bead).
2) Cut three equal lengths of fine softflex. My necklace is 18" long.
3) Attach a jump ring to the ring part of the toggle clasp, then crimp on all three lengths of softflex to the jump ring.
4) String on a combination of seedbeads, and donuts to your desired length. Attach 2 jump rings to the bar half of the toggle, and then crimp the strand to the last jump ring.
5) Repeat with the remaining two strands. Be sure to change the placement of the donuts so that they are not all clumped together.
6) Wire wrap on a copper heart to the jump ring on the bar part of the toggle. The same jump ring you just crimped the ends of the necklace to.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.