(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Jennifer Tough
Autumn bliss has got to be one of my most favourite inspirations to date. First off, I was given a lovely little bag of beads and components to play with. That alone is always a huge amount of fun. Secondly, the beads were simply exquisite - especially the lightly faceted moonstones.
The necklace itself was fairly straightforward to assemble once I finished futzing around with the design. You can probably complete the necklace including all of the wire wrapping in a couple of hours.
A few notes:
1) The metal leaf is bendable. I adjusted the shape to better snuggle into the orange leaf.
2) The copper metal leaf is coated. Do not attempt to heat treat...See below
3) I prefer copper that has a bit of a patina to it. The quickest way to give copper a bit of colour is to torch fire it to bring out the rainbow of colours. I especially like the colours I was able to achieve on the chain! Perfect for fall. For more information on this technique - see my blog post.
4) The triple flower was created on a headpin, then wrapped into a loop at the back. Wrap tightly to ensure the petals don't move around.
5) I used our hole punch pliers on the copper blossom to create two holes for the jump rings. You can't tell from the picture, but I also used our new alphabet stamps to hammer on the word 'bliss'.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.