(Components list at bottom of page)
Copper Crystal Floats
by: Kelly Garland
A long time ago while visiting Los Angeles I picked up a fabulous floating necklace that I still wear, years later. So when BeadFx started carrying Softflex solid coloured beading wire, l set about to make something similar to my beloved piece. I've always loved the Swarovski 'Copper Crystal' colour and because the jewellery gods were in alignment, it just so happens the new Softflex line includes a copper choice that is a perfect match. It also works with all of the BeadFx bright copper findings like crimps, beads and various closure options. So there lots of matching options if you want to switch out an element to your preference.
This necklace is a stunning holiday or New Years piece!! And if you happen to be a red head, you'll be the queen of the ball!!
1. This piece is three strands long. I used 14", 16" and 18" because I generally prefer longer necklaces. If you prefer something closer to the neck, adjust accordingly. Everybody is different. Crimp one end with a 2.5mm crimp in bright copper to one side and one ring of the 3-strand tube clasp in bright copper. Attach each length to the same side of the clasp.
2. For the two longer strands, I spaced out each grouping with approx 2" inches between. Lay the beading wire lengths out on your mat and using tape, mark where the groupings will be. Try to increment the groups so they lay in different spots when around the neck.
3. Once you've got your layout done, start adding the groupings. Start with a bright copper crimp, a copper 4mm metal bead, a 8mm crystal copper Swarovski stone, another copper metal bead, then another crimp. You can add crimp covers if so desired but I like the effect of the flattened metal crimp.
4. Once you get to the end of the two longer strands, loop and crimp them to the remaining empty slide clasp.
5. Now you'll finish the shortest length which is the closest to our face. I added a 12mm copper crystal this time to the middle as a focal point and spaced out the groupings. This particular piece has 4 groupings using the 6mm donuts instead of the 8mm, in addition to the main focal point crystal. Finish the end as you did with the other lengths.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 1||hclsp04cp Findings - Clasps - 3 Strand Tube Clasp - Bright Copper||Price: $ 0.78|
|Qty: 1||24001006-06 Findings - Crimps - 2.5 mm Smooth - Bright Copper (100)||Price: $ 1.98|
|Qty: 2||h-cp10004 Metal Beads - 4 mm Seamless Round - Bright Copper (25)||Price: $ 1.54|
|Sorry, Out of Stock|
|Qty: 1|| 27750402051001 Swarovski Bead - 12 mm Faceted Donut (5040) - Crystal Copper|
(the focal on the shortest strand)
|Price: $ 2.73|
|Qty: 4|| 27750401001002 Swarovski Bead - 6 mm Faceted Donut (5040) - Crystal Copper|
(on the shortest strand )
|Price: $ 0.85|
|Qty: 30|| 27750401019002 Swarovski Bead - 8 mm Faceted Donut (5040) - Crystal Copper|
(16 on longest strand - 14 on middle strand)
|Price: $ 0.99|
|Sorry - this item|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.