(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
There comes a time of the year, when we realize that summer has passed, and the grey skies of winter will soon be upon us. Grey has a certain soothing appeal, and will easily coordinate with many of the colours in your wardrobe.
Simple in appearance, and simple in both style and construction. Dress it up, or dress it down! Inspired by a piece I spotted on the internet, a couple of weeks ago. The original necklace showcased pearls, but I decided to put my own stamp on it, by using large hole, stone beads. I'm happy with my choices!
1. Cut leather into three lengths - 2 X 22 inches; 1 X 12 inches (there will be a little waste, so adjust lengths as desired). If you want a longer necklace, then you should probably bump the amount you purchase up to 2 metres.
2. Fold each of the 22 inch lengths of leather into two, and string 3-Distressed Barrels, on each of the doubled up lengths (three on one set; three on the other, by squeezing two of the round leather pieces, into each of the Distressed Barrels).
3. Adjust spacing of the Distressed Barrels as desired.
4. Reserve the 12 inch length of leather, until later.
5. You will have four cut ends of the leather. Attach one 2mm End Cap with Loop to the first end, by adding a single drop of Super New Glue to the inside of the end cap, then adding the leather, and gently squeezing shut with your pliers. Repeat this process for the other three ends and let dry.
6. Attach each of the doubled up lengths of leather to the top of the Radiant Flat Round Ring, with a Lark's Head Knot. You now have two sides of your necklace, almost complete.
7. On one side, join the 2-2mm End Cap with Loop, with a 9 mm Jumpring. Repeat for the other side.
8. On one side, attach 1-7mm Jumpring to both the 9mm Jumpring, and the Swivel/Rotating Medium Hook Clasp.
9. On the other side, attach 1-7mm Jumpring to both the 9mm Jumpring, and the Swivel/Rotating Link.
10. Now you?re ready to use the 12 inch, reserved length of leather.
11. On one of the cut ends, string in the following sequence - 1-Nuggett Heishi/1-Picasso Jasper/1-Nugget Heishi/1- Picasso Jasper /1-Nugget Heishi/1- Picasso Jasper /1-Nugget Heishi.
12. Knot the leather, with a simple overhand knot, close to the end.
13. On the other cut end, string as follows - 1 Nuggett Heishi/1- Picasso Jasper /2-Nugget Heishi/1- Picasso Jasper /2-Nugget Heishi/1- Picasso Jasper /1-Nugget Heishi.
14. Knot the leather, with a simple overhand knot, close to the end.
15. Fold the length of leather, and adjusting so that one side is slightly longer than the other.
16. Attach the folded length of leather, to the bottom of the of the Radiant Flat Round Ring, with a Lark's Head Knot.
17. Adjust the spacing of the beads, as desired.
18. Congratulations your necklace is complete!
Don't be afraid to change up the colour scheme, the beads, or even the length of the necklace. It's incredibly easy to do!
Equipment needed: two pairs of pliers, to open and close the jump rings; and one to close the End Caps with Loop. I used my Chain Nose pliers for both, but you could also use Bent Nose or Flat Nose pliers.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 1||s32976 Adhesive - 3 gram Super New Glue -||Price: $ 2.38|
|Qty: 1||tc93-0449-13 Beads - Round Leather - ID 2 mm Nugget Heishi - Metal Noir (10)||Price: $ 1.73|
|Qty: 1||tc94-5791-13 Beads - Round Leather - ID 2 x 4 mm Distressed Barrel - Metal Noir (6)||Price: $ 5.20|
|Qty: 1||s50437 Findings - 2 mm Round Leather - ID 2 mm End Cap with Loop - Gunmetal (10)||Price: $ 3.69|
|Sorry, Out of Stock|
|Qty: 1||22801038 Findings - Jumprings - 7 mm/ID 5 mm Open Jumprings - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 1.88|
|Qty: 1||22801033 Findings - Jumprings - 9 mm/ID 6.7 mm Open Jumprings - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 3.16|
|Qty: 1||tc94-3112-13 Findings - Link - 1.25 inch Radiant Flat Round Ring - Metal Noir||Price: $ 2.67|
|Sorry, Out of Stock|
|Qty: 1||s33183 Findings - Swivel/Rotating - Link - Gunmetal||Price: $ 3.20|
|Qty: 1||s34058 Findings - Swivel/Rotating - Medium Hook Clasp - Gunmetal||Price: $ 1.85|
|Qty: 6||s50308 Stone Beads - 9.5 mm Big Hole Faceted Round - Picasso Jasper||Price: $ 0.68|
|Sorry - this item|
|Qty: 1|| s38187 Stringing - 2 mm Leather Cord - Silver Grey (1 Metre)|
(if you want the necklace a little longer get 2 metres)
|Price: $ 2.87|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.