(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Bonnie Cottingham, Anne Marie Desaulniers and Pam Kearns
Mixed Metallics by Bonnie Cottingham
Do you know someone who likes a little of everything? Some of this and a little of that? This bookmark is easy to put together; it will be limiting your ideas that will be hard! Pick out your components and attach using jumprings. If your not a fan of the mixed metal look, you still have endless possibilities within your choice of metal colour. Enjoy, Explore and Create!
Shivering Blooms by Anne Marie Desaulniers
Have you ever considered that the end of a cycle, is just the start of a new beginning? This ice blue colour scheme, marks the end of a cycle, which in reality, is just a short, dark period. Where there's darkness, there's also hope for rebirth, and a return to warmth. The cycle never really ends!!
This bookmark is the result of a challenge to come up with a store sample, to enhance our product display. I immediately thought of using flowers and leaves, and then just let my muse lead the way. The rest is just a memory, dancing on the winds of change! These bookmarks make perfect little stocking stuffers, hostess and teacher gifts! Make some for your family, friends, or even yourself. As for me, I will be abandoning a few in the library. Some intentional, and other's not!!
1. Attach one 7mm jumpring to the bookmark
2. You will be making three 'Shivering Blooms' component strings. One in each of the flower colours.
3. Each flower is strung on an eyepin as follows - eyepin/size 15 seedbead/flower/wrapped loop, to complete a flower set.
4. The top of each wire wrapped loop (see "Tips and Techniques" Section for instructions), is connected to the bottom of each eyepin, for every flower set.
5. To make Component String 1 - make and attach 5 wire wrapped, flower loop sets, using the Flared Cup Flowers, in Blue Opal Azuro.
6. Attach the 1.25 - Filigree Leaf - Silver, to the bottom of Component String 1 (open eyepin loop - attach leaf - close eyepin loop.
7. To make Component String 2 - make and attach 5 wire wrapped, flower loop sets, using the Flared Cup Flowers, in Alexandrite.
8. Attach one Long Lancet Leaf - Antique Pewter, to the bottom of Component String 2 (open eyepin loop - attach leaf - close eyepin loop.
9. To make Component String 3 - make and attach 3 wire wrapped, flower loop sets, using the Flared Cup Flowers, in Crystal AB.
10. Attach one Long Lancet Leaf - Antique Pewter, to the bottom of Component String 3 (open eyeing loop - attach leaf - close eyepin loop
11. Add all three 'Shivering Blooms' component strings, to one open 6mm jumpring.
12. Attach the open jumpring, to the closed jumpring, that you previously attached to the bookmark, in Step 1.
13. Close jumpring.
Congratulations, your bookmark is complete. Now go forth and read, gift and abandon as festively as desired!
Holly Jolly Bookmark by Pam Kearns
Here's a quick gift idea for the book lover on your Christmas list!
Simply stack the two pearls (biggest at the bottom) and the bicone crystal on to the headpin. Start the wrapped loop and slip the wire end through bookmark end before completing the wrap. Alternatively, you can finish the wrap and attach it to the bookmark with a jump ring.
You can use the bookmark as a gift topper for or even put it on the Christmas tree (sort of like a candy cane!)
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.