(Components list at bottom of page)
Wrapped in Midnight
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
Wear it as either a triple wrap bracelet, or a 22.5 inch necklace. The choice is yours! Designed to be a timeless addition to your accessory wardrobe. Dress it up, or dress it down, pair with woolly sweaters, blue jeans, t-shirts, silk shirts and dresses. Versatile, sophisticated, light, relatively inexpensive, and extremely easy to wear!
1. Cut approximately 25 inches of Softlex beading wire (the length will vary, depending on the size of the wrist, and the total number of wraps desired).
2. Thread a 2mm crimp, onto one end of the Softlex beading wire.
3. Thread a wire guardian onto the same end of the Softlex, (you will need to thread through both openings), pulling the wire tightly.
4. Pull the loose end of the Softlex, back into the crimp bead, leaving a medium length tail.
5. Crimp the crimp bead, with crimping pliers (it's a two-part process).
6. Add one crimp cover, over top of the crimp, and squeeze gently to close, with either your chain, or flat nose pliers (three or four soft squeezes of your pliers, will help avoid distortion)
7. Randomly string beads, mixing the metal Oasis Beads, in with the Flattish Mix (I like an asymmetrical arrangement).
8. Cover the loose end of the beading wire, with the first, three or four beads.
9. Trim wire if necessary.
10. Decide how long your wrap will be, and string on a sufficient number of beads. (Please note: I chose to use approximately 25 inches of beading wire, to make a triple wrap bracelet, which also converts to a 22.5 necklace.
11. Thread a 2mm crimp, onto the unfinished end of the Softlex beading wire.
12. Thread a wire guardian onto the same end, pulling the wire tightly (you will need to thread through both openings). Please remember to leave enough room for the crimp cover.
13. Pull the loose end of the Softlex, back into the crimp bead, leaving a medium length tail.
14. Thread the remaining Softlex wire, back through the last three or four beads.
15. Crimp the crimp bead, with crimping pliers.
16. Add one crimp cover, over top of the crimp, and squeeze gently to close, with either your chain, or flat nose pliers.
17. Trim any loose beading wire.
18. Open one 7 mm jump ring, and attach to one wire guardian. Close jump ring.
19. Open one 7 mm jump ring, add one Lobster Claw clasp, and attach to one wire guardian. Close jump ring.
20. Congratulations, your convertible wrapped bracelet/necklace is ready to finished!
Chain nose and/or flat nose pliers
If you are unfamiliar with any of these processes, please check our 'Tips' section.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 3|| s29056 Bead Mix - Flattish Mix - Crystal Midnight (strand)|
(or 4 strands depending on length)
|Price: $ 8.10|
|Qty: 1||24001033 Findings - Wire Guardian - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 3.57|
|Sorry, Out of Stock|
|Qty: 1||hcbc04bo Findings - 4mm Crimp Bead Covers - Gunmetal (20)||Price: $ 1.20|
|Qty: 1||23440008 Findings - Clasps - 12mm Lobster Claw - Gunmetal||Price: $ 0.40|
|Qty: 1||24001005 Findings - Crimps - 2mm Smooth - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 1.45|
|Qty: 1||22801015-03 Findings - Jumprings - 7mm Open Round - Gunmetal (10 grams)||Price: $ 1.43|
|Sorry - this item|
|Qty: 4|| tc94-5716-13 Metal Bead - Oasis - Metal Noir|
(or more on preference )
|Price: $ 1.39|
|Qty: 1|| 25001000 Softflex (tm) Beading Wire - 30ft .014 (Fine) - Silver Grey (Spool)|
(cut 25in for a 22.5in wrap)
|Price: $ 19.24|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.