(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
I was filling an order for a customer, and minding my own business, when what did I spy, but some very sexy little hexagon findings. I immediately decided that I should make a bracelet out of them, then set about searching for just the right components! I danced about the store, trying this and rejecting that, until I was satisfied with my choices. Simplicity was the key, so I chose a very earthy, and harmonious palette. Sexy, but understated, with a little metallic leather thrown in, to spice it up! Details are shown below.
Wire wrapped hexagon components:
1. Using the 22-gauge wire, make a wire wrapped loop on one end.
2. Add three 15 mm seed beads.
3. Thread wire through one side of one Hexagon Frame.
4. Thread wire through one 9 x 11 mm Puff Oval.
5. Thread wire through the other side of the Hexagon Frame.
6. Add three 15 mm seed beads.
7. Make a second wire wrapped loop. One component is finished.
8. Make four additional components, using Steps 1 - 7.
9. Join the hexagon components (HC) together, with 4 mm jump rings. The sequence is as follows: 4 mm jump ring/HC/4 mm jump ring/ HC/4 mm jump ring/ HC/4 mm jump ring/ HC/4 mm jump ring/HC/4 mm jump ring
10. Connect the 4 mm jump ring, at the end of the HC sequence, to a 15 mm Lobster Claw.
11. Carefully add 1 drop of the Super New Glue, to 1 - 2 mm RL Oval End Cup.
12. Insert 1 end of the 2 mm round leather, to one of the Oval End Cups.
13. Gently squeeze the Oval End Cup closed, with your Chain Nose Pliers, taking care not to disturb the leather.
14. Hold tightly for a few minutes, then set aside to dry thoroughly (I usually leave it for a couple of hours).
15. Open 4 mm jump ring, on the other end of the HC sequence, and attach to the Oval End Cup (the end with the leather attached).
16. Close jump ring.
17. Wrap HC sequence, with leather attached, around your wrist, until you are happy with the length. Please note: I ended up using 36" of leather, for a six-wrap bracelet (including the HC sequence).
18. Carefully add 1 drop of the Super New Glue, to 1 - 2 mm RL Oval End Cup.
19. Insert the remaining end of the 2 mm round leather, to the second Oval End Cup.
20. Gently squeeze the Oval End Cup closed, with your Chain Nose Pliers, taking care not to disturb the leather.
21. Hold tightly for a few minutes, then set aside to dry thoroughly (I usually leave it for a couple of hours).
22. Open one, 7 mm jump ring, and attach to the remaining Oval End Cup.
23. Close jump ring.
24. Wrap with abandon! Your bracelet is sexy and it's finished!
2 - Chain Nose Pliers (you could also substitute Flat Nose, or Bent Nose Pliers, or any combination you have handy)
1 - Round Nose Pliers
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|s32976 Adhesive - 3 gram Super New Glue -||Price: $ 2.38|
|Qty: 1||s43715 Findings - 2 mm Round Leather - Oval End Cup with Ring - Bright Copper (2)||Price: $ 1.92|
|Qty: 1||23440035 Findings - Clasps - Lobster - 15 mm Lobster Claw - Bright Copper||Price: $ 0.45|
|22801041 Findings - Jumprings - 4 mm Open Jumprings - Bright Copper (100)||Price: $ 0.85|
|22801036 Findings - Jumprings - 7 mm Open Jumprings - Bright Copper (100)||Price: $ 2.13|
|s17188 Glass Ovals - 9 x 11 mm Puff Oval - I Lichen Green (15)||Price: $ 7.06|
|mb15-2066 Japanese Seedbeads - 15/0 Miyuki Seedbeads - Matt Metallic Dark Green Iris||Price: $ 8.05|
|Qty: 5||s24319 Metal Bead Frame - 14 mm Hexagon - Bright Copper||Price: $ 1.05|
|Qty: 1||s37290 ParaWire - 22 gauge Round Wire - Bare Copper (15 yards)||Price: $ 3.78|
|Qty: 1||75129920-20m Stringing - 2 mm Leather Cord - Metallic Copper (1 Metre)||Price: $ 0.98|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2013 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|