(Components list at bottom of page)
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
It's finally spring, so is it any wonder that I've chosen to focus on the colour green? I was planning a fairly complicated bracelet, but when I started stringing the stones, my plan changed entirely. The small brass rounds accented the stones perfectly, and it all came together in a poem of elegant simplicity! Spinal in form, and very, very flexible!
1. Cut a comfortable length of Soft Flex wire. I used the length of my wrist, added 2'' for ease, and then added another 4-5''.
2. String on one 2 mm crimp and then pass the wire through both sides of one Wire Guardian.
3. Pass the end of the Soft Flex wire back through the crimp.
4. Pull wire to tighten.
5. Crimp with crimping pliers, following instructions on the back of the plier package (flatten crimp in second notch, and then round crimp in first notch on pliers). Make sure that the Soft Flex does not cross under the crimp, because if this happens, your crimp will not hold.
6. Test to make sure that crimp is holding securely.
7. Start stringing your beads in the following pattern:
a. 3mm round/stone bead/3mm round... Ending with the same pattern. - I used 21 round beads, and 20 stone beads
8. Feed the free end of the Soft Flex Wire (the one just below the Wire Guardian) into the first 3-4 beads, then cut.
9. Test the length of your bracelet, and adjust as necessary. Make sure that you factor in the length of both the clasp and the jumpring.
10. String on one 2 mm crimp and then pass the wire through both sides of one Wire Guardian.
11. Pass the end of the Soft Flex wire back through the crimp.
12. Pull wire to tighten (Tip: Insert your round nose pliers into the inside curve of the Wire Guardian, letting the bracelet dangle. Pull on the end of the Soft Flex, until it's tight against the bead. Leave a little bit of slack on the wire, for ease of crimping).
13. Crimp with crimping pliers, following instructions on the back of the plier package (flatten crimp in second notch, and then round crimp in first notch on pliers). Make sure that the Soft Flex does not cross under the crimp, because if this happens, your crimp will not hold.
14. Test to make sure that crimp is holding securely.
15. Feed the free end of the Soft Flex Wire (the one just below the Wire Guardian) into the last 3-4 beads, on the second end, then cut. (Tip: I sometimes find it easier to use fine point tweezers, to help feed the wire into the hole on the beads. That's also why I asked you to add a little slack! It's easier to feed the wire in, if you can actually see the hole).
16. Open one 8 mm jumpring, and attach to one of the Wire Guardians.
17. Close jumpring.
18. Open the second 8mm jumpring, and attach to the second Wire Guardian.
19. Add Lobster Claw and then close the jumpring.
20. Optional: Add a Thin Washer - Offset Hole, attached with a 4.75 mm jumpring, to each Wire Guardian. You could also substitute a wire wrapped crystal, bead, or a charm.
21. Congratulations, your bracelet is finished!
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 1||s51056 Finding - 8 mm Open Jumpring - Antiqued Brass (25)||Price: $ 1.16|
|24001018 Findings - Wire Guardian - Antiqued Gold (100)||Price: $ 3.70|
|Qty: 1||23440020 Findings - Clasps - Lobster - 15 mm Lobster Claw - Antique Brass||Price: $ 0.31|
|24001005 Findings - Crimps - 2 mm Smooth - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 1.45|
|Qty: 1|| s50025 Metal Bead - Thin Washer Offset Hole - Antiqued Brass (144)|
(used 2 pieces )
|Price: $ 10.40|
|Qty: 1|| 28811831-01 Metal Beads - 3 mm Round - Antiqued Gold (100)|
(for this bracelet I used about 21 pieces)
|Price: $ 2.59|
|25001000 Softflex (tm) Beading Wire - 30 ft .014 (Fine) - Silver Grey (Spool)||Price: $ 16.66|
|Qty: 1|| s54946 Stone Beads - 5 x 15 mm Flat Chip - African Green Jasper (strand)|
(for this bracelet I used about 20 pieces)
|Price: $ 10.64|
|Qty: 1|| s23938 Vintaj - 4.75 mm Open Jumpring - Natural Brass (20)|
(used to attach the washers)
|Price: $ 2.75|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2013 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|