(Components list at bottom of page)
Midnight Lavendar Necklace
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
Lavender and midnight gunmetal, marry to become a darkly delicious necklace. I was originally designing a bracelet, but the muse decided that the piece wanted to be something much grander (thus, more shopping to be done!). The lacy metal beads, jumped into my tray, during one of my grazing sessions in the store. Then I needed to figure out, what the heck I was going to do with them! Wire wrapping was a given, but which accent colour to choose? I didn't want the piece to be too dark, so I decided to liven it up with the lavender sparkle of Swarovski crystals and pearls. A star was born!
Wire wrapped component -
1. You will be making 8 Swarovski round units and 7 Holey Lace Ball units. For each unit, you will be using the following:
a. Swarovski round - wire wrap/2x3 Rondelle/SW 6 mm Round/2x3 Rondelle/wire wrap. (note, do not close the second wire wrap, until it is connected to the next unit (Holey Lace Ball). (Alternate - you could close the wrap, and connect each of the units with 4 mm jumprings). See BeadFX Website for instructions on Wire Wrapping
b. Holey Lace Unit - wire wrap/2x3 Rondelle/Holey Lace Ball/2x3 Rondelle/wire wrap.
2. Continue connecting your units, until the wire wrapped strand is completed.
3. Set aside.
Strung Component -
4. You will be using 53-SW 3 mm Pearls, 18-SW 4 mm Rounds, and 71-2x3 Rondelles
5. Leaving beading wire on spool, add the following:
a. 2 mm crimp bead/wire guardian - feed beading wire through both openings on wire guardian, then back into crimp bead, making sure that the wires are not crossed (or the crimp will not hold properly).
b. Crimp, using crimping pliers
c. Add 4 mm crimp cover, and squeeze gently to close. Add 2 more crimp covers (we are just using these ones as beads), and feed the free end of the beading wire through those beads. Cut excess wire with Flush Cut
6. String the beads on the wire, using the following sequence - Rondelle/SW 3 mm Pearl/Rondelle/SW 6 mm Round (you will use this sequence at the beginning and at the end)
7. Then string as follows - Rondelle/SW 3mm Pearl/Rondelle/SW 3mm Pearl/Rondelle/SW 6mm Round
8. Repeat sequence, until you have used up all but one SW Pearl and Round
9. Complete string, mirroring what you did at the beginning of the string.
10. Add 2 - 4mm crimp covers (again, you are using these as beads).
11. Cut beading wire, leaving a comfortable length to work with (approximately 3-4 inches).
12. Add 2 mm crimp bead/wire guardian - feed beading wire through both openings on wire guardian, then back into crimp bead, making sure that the wires are not crossed (or the crimp will not hold properly).
13. Tighten beading wire, by pulling gently (Tip: I use my round nose pliers to assist with this task. Simply insert into the Wire Guardian, and pull wire to tighten).
14. Crimp, using crimping pliers
15. Add 4 mm crimp cover (to cover the crimp), and squeeze gently to close.
16. Feed the free end of the beading wire through 3 or so beads (if you're having difficulty with this, try using fine tweezers).
17. Cut excess wire with Flush Cutter.
Combining the Wire Wrapped and Strung Components
18. At the first end, join both strings with a 7 mm jumpring (see instructions for Opening and Closing Jumprings on BeadFX site).
19. At the final end, join both strings with a 7 mm jumpring.
20. Cut 2-8-inch lengths of chain.
21. Fold one length of chain in half, and join cut ends with a 4 mm jumpring
22. Attach folded end of chain to the 7 mm jumpring (joining one end of the Wire Wrapped and Strung components), with two 7 mm jumprings.
23. Attach 7 mm jumpring to the 4 mm jumpring at the end.
24. Fold the second length of chain in half, and join the cut ends with a 4 mm jumpring.
25. Attach folded end of chain to the 7 mm jumpring (joining the other end of the Wire Wrapped and Strung components), with two 7 mm jumprings.
26. Attach 7 mm jumpring to the 4 mm jumpring at the final end.
27. Attach Lobster Claw to the above 7 mm jumpring.
Congratulations, your necklace is complete!
2 - Chain Nose Pliers
1 - Round Nose Plier
1 - Flush Cutter
1 - Crimping Plier
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 1|| 74701011-40 Artistic Wire - 22ga Round Wire - Iron (Spool)|
(Note: you could also use 20-gauge wire for a stronger chain. However, it will be a little harder to wrap neatly)
|Price: $ 9.59|
|Qty: 2||tc20-0725-13 Chain - 2.5x3mm Cable Chain - Metal Noir (foot)||Price: $ 7.49|
|Qty: 1||s54986 Czech Firepolish Glass - 2x3mm Faceted Micro Spacer Rondelle - Nickel Plated AB||Price: $ 12.30|
|Qty: 1||24001033 Findings - Wire Guardian - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 3.57|
|Qty: 1||hcbc04bo Findings - 4mm Crimp Bead Covers - Gunmetal (20)||Price: $ 1.20|
|Qty: 1||23440008 Findings - Clasps - 12mm Lobster Claw - Gunmetal||Price: $ 0.40|
|Qty: 1||24001005 Findings - Crimps - 2mm Smooth - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 1.45|
|Qty: 1||22801015-01 Findings - Jumprings - 4mm Open Round - Gunmetal (5 gram)||Price: $ 0.95|
|Qty: 1||22801038 Findings - Jumprings - 7mm / ID 5mm Open Jumprings - Gunmetal (100)||Price: $ 2.30|
|Qty: 7||s29226 Metal Beads - 11mm Holey Lace Ball - Gunmetal||Price: $ 3.45|
|Sorry - this item|
|Qty: 1||25001000 Softflex (tm) Beading Wire - 30ft .014 (Fine) - Silver Grey (Spool)||Price: $ 19.24|
|Qty: 1||27750001257371 Swarovski Bead - 4mm Faceted Round (5000) - Violet (Pkg 18)||Price: $ 6.19|
|Qty: 1||s48576 Swarovski Bead - 6mm Faceted Round (5000) - Provence Lavender AB (10)||Price: $ 5.95|
|Qty: 1||27758100032313 Swarovski Pearl - 3mm Round Pearl (5810) - Lavender Pearl (100)||Price: $ 10.85|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.