(Components list at bottom of page)
Simplicity in Red - Two
by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
Though minimalist in style, this set will create quite the impact! A compliment to the "Simplicity in Red" necklace, that was posted a few weeks ago. As the holidays tend to be busy, it's important to have something simple, to accessorize either that little black dress, or a cozy sweater, and pair of jeans. A fairly economical solution, as you will be using many of those leftover components from the earlier "Inspiration". You will need to buy another package of the lovely Scarlet faceted rounds though!
1. For Bracelet - cut one 7" length of chain for bracelet (adjust length if required).
2. Insert the G-S Hypo Cement applicator, into one End Cap with Loop for Beading Chain, and add one drop of glue.
3. Insert one end of chain, into one End Cap with Loop
4. Squeeze End Cap with Loop with chain nose pliers (crimping or flat nose pliers could also be used). You will need to squeeze fairly hard, to flatten End Cap slightly.
5. Set aside to dry.
6. String 3 faceted rounds, directly onto the chain (it's a bit of a tight fit, but I discovered that you could do this, while playing around with the leftovers from the first project).
7. Centre faceted rounds in the middle of the chain.
8. Add an End Cap with Loop to the other end of each chain, repeating steps 2 through 5.
9. Let dry overnight.
10. Connect one 6 mm jump ring, to End Cap with Loop (at the end of the chain). Close jump ring
11. Connect a 4-mm jump ring, to the remaining End Cap with Loop, and then to the 12 mm Lobster Claw. Close jump ring.
12. For Earrings - cut two 1" lengths of chain
13. For each 1" length of chain, complete steps 2 through 5.
14. For each 1" length of chain, complete steps 8 and 9.
15. Add one faceted round, to one 2" Big Ball Headpin.
16. Make wrapped loop dangle.
17. Repeat steps 15 & 16, to make a second wrapped loop dangle.
18. Connect one wrapped loop dangle, to one End Cap with loop, with a 4-mm jump ring. Close jump ring.
19. Repeat for second wrapped loop dangle.
20. Connect one Leverback Earring Finding, to the remaining End Cap with Loop, with a 4-mm jump ring. Close jump ring.
21. Repeat for second Leverback Earring Finding.
22. Go forth and be merry! Your "Simplicity in Red - Two" set is complete.
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 1|| s55509 Chain - 1mm Beading Chain - Bright Silver (foot)|
(used leftovers from "Simplicity in Red")
|Price: $ 3.75|
|Sorry, Out of Stock|
|Qty: 1||s55883 Finding - ID 1mm End Cap with Loop for Beading Chain - Bright Silver (12)||Price: $ 4.35|
|Qty: 1||23440007 Findings - Clasps - 12mm Lobster Claw - Bright Silvertone||Price: $ 0.40|
|Qty: 1||23610893 Findings - Earring - Leverback - Plain - Bright Silvertone (Pair)||Price: $ 0.70|
|Qty: 1||22801024 Findings - Jumprings - 4mm Open Round - Silver Plated (100)||Price: $ 1.85|
|Qty: 1||22801026 Findings - Jumprings - 6mm Open Round - Silver Plated (100)||Price: $ 2.40|
|Qty: 1||22601361 Headpins - 2in / 20ga Big Ball - Silverplated (50)||Price: $ 4.45|
|Qty: 1||277007-128 Swarovski Bead - 8mm Faceted Round (5000) - Scarlet (6)||Price: $ 8.09|
|Qty: 1||88827972 Tools - Adhesive - G-S Hypo-tube Cement -||Price: $ 10.40|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.