Get your creative juices flowing~~~
Designed by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
Originally intended as Boho-inspired pendant, and designed to hang on a simple chain (it all started with the fabulous Inter-Change-A-Bail). However, “the best laid plans”, and all of that, made me re-think my original concept. Once the pendant was completed, I surveyed the remaining components, and decided to create a more formal design (the muse wants, what the muse wants!). The jiggly bits remained, so it turned into a fun, casual necklace, posing as something far more serious. A conundrum for sure! Readers beware! You are going to absolutely fall in love with the new Nunn Design Charm/Pendants! Fabulous texture, with botanical themes, on both the front and back.
The clever Inter-Change-A-Bail, will make it easy for you to switch out multiple pendants. Feel free to design some coordinating ones! You know that you?ll want to!!!
1. Open Inter-Change-A-Bail, and add Corrugated Oval Ring
2. Prepare the following charms and add each to Corrugated Oval Ring, with 8 mm jumprings:
a. 6 mm jumpring/Charm-Pendant – Amor
b. 2-8 mm jumprings/8 mm jumpring/2-8 mm jumprings/1-8 mm jumpring/Charm-Pendant-Flora Circle
i. To the final 8 mm jumpring, before the Flora Circle, add a wire wrapped component,? consisting of a 6 mm jumpring/simple loop/6 mm white opal brandy bicone/wrapped loop/6 mm jumpring/Treasure Box Key
c. 2 inches of chain/6 mm jumpring/wrapped component consisting of 2 headpin/3 mm round metal bead/CC Green Pearl/Acorn bead cap/wrapped loop. Now you will be attaching two more components to the chain.
i. Three links up from the bottom – 2″ headpin/3 mm round metal bead/SW 6 mm faceted round – Khaki/3 mm round metal bead/wrapped loop/6 mm jumpring
ii. Two links down from the top – 2″ headpin/SW 6 mm white opal brandy bicone/3 mm round metal bead/SW 6 mm faceted round – Khaki/3 mm round metal bead/SW 6 mm white opal brandy bicone/wrapped loop/6 mm jumpring/2-6 mm jumprings/6 mm jumpring/8 mm jumpring
Strung portion of necklace –
3. Leaving beading wire on spool, add the following:
a. 2 mm crimp bead/wire guardian – feed beading wire through both openings on wire guardian, then back into crimp bead, making sure that the wires are not crossed (or the crimp will not hold properly).
b. Crimp, using crimping pliers
c. Add 3 mm crimp cover, and squeeze gently to close. Add 3-3 mm round metal beads, and feed the free end of the beading wire through those beads. Cut excess wire with Flush Cutter.
d. Next – add 3-SW 6 mm rounds – Khaki, separated by 3 mm round metal beads (see photo for details)
e. You will then add 9- 12 mm SW pearls, each separated by 3 mm round metal bead/SW 6 mm bicone/3 mm round metal bead (see photos for details)
f. Add 3-SW 6 mm rounds – Khaki, separated by 3 mm round metal beads (see photo for details)
g. Add 3-3 mm round metal beads.
h. Cut beading wire, leaving a comfortable length to work with (approximately 3-4 inches).
i. Add 2 mm crimp bead/wire guardian – feed beading wire through both openings on wire guardian, then back into crimp bead, making sure that the wires are not crossed (or the crimp will not hold properly).
j. Tighten beading wire, by pulling gently (Tip: I use my round nose pliers to assist with this task. Simply insert into the Wire Guardian, and pull wire to tighten).
k. Crimp, using crimping pliers
l. Add 3 mm crimp cover (to cover the crimp), and squeeze gently to close.
m. Feed the free end of the beading wire through 3 or so beads (if you’re having difficulty with this, try using fine tweezers).
n. Cut excess wire with Flush Cutter.
Attaching Pendant to Strung portion of necklace –
4. Cut 4 inches of chain, and attach to strung portion of necklace with 6 mm jumprings. Count to the middle of the necklace, and position your jumprings beside the SW 6 mm white opal brandy bicone, on either side of the middle pearl. Position chain to allow a single link to hang down at the bottom (if it doesn’t work out, cut off a link from the end).
5. Attach a 6 mm jumpring to the top of the Inter-Change-A-Bail, and then to the bottom link of the chain.
Finishing the necklace –
6. Cut two-14 inch, lengths of chain
7. Attach both ends, of one length of chain, to a 6 mm jumpring, and then to one wire guardian.
8. Repeat the above step, for the other side.
9. Add an 8 mm jumpring to one end of the doubled chain, on the first side.
10. Add a 6 mm jumpring to the other end of the doubled chain, then attach the Lobster Claw.
Congratulations, your Pendant/Necklace is complete!
Chain Nose Pliers (2)
Flush Cutter (1)
Crimping Pliers (1)
Round Nose Pliers (optional) (1)
Fine Tweezers (optional) (1)
Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.