There are books and youtube, but sometimes, the best way to learn is to take a class. Nothing beats hands-on learning in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. From basic bead stringing classes to lampworking classes (how to make glass beads) to metal smithing classes, we have a wide variety of classes for all tastes and all levels of experience!
Now offering virtual classes as well! All the fun, none of the travel!
If you would like to take a class, see the the details of classes we’re offering, then call us to reserve your place!
All of our classes are listed on-line and can be accessed through the monthly calendars on the right-side of the screen. For months not shown in the list, you can click on the latest month shown and scroll down to the subsequent month’s link.
Alternately – if you would like to arrange a private class, contact our class coordinator and see what she can arrange for you! For instance, she can arrange:
- private beading (including basic jewellery-making techniques and various seed bead techniques) lessons,
- private or group lampworking classes for beginners or specific techniques (Our veteran lampworker, Dwyn Tomlinson (DragonJools), is happy to work with your schedule!)
- private soldering classes
If you have a specific thing you’d like to learn, you might also suggest a class too!
Email email@example.com and just ask!
Class Registration/Cancellation Policy
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: If you need to cancel a virtual class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- No refunds or cancellations are permitted for classes with celebrity/visiting instructors. Substitutions will be permitted as long as prerequisites are met.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.