Amulet Pouch Necklace: Stitch + Beads
October 27 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Build a spectacular, fabric-based amulet pouch necklace, that includes stitch, and freeform peyote beading. It will be built on a scrap fabric, collage base, then embellished with simple embroidery stitches, freeform peyote, and/or other stitches. The freeform is optional, as you could also embellish with buttons, or a beaded fringe. Choose to draft your own amulet pouch shape, or use one of the instructors sample designs. Finish with chain, gemstone chain, silk string/cord, leather, Kumihimo, or your own wire-wrapped chain. Plan to use your amulet pouch to hold sacred objects, valued treasures, tiny stones, notes, special mementos, or even a lock of your baby’s hair! Its a time-honoured way to keep memories close to your heart!
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an asset, but not entirely necessary.
Technique: Hand embroidery, freeform peyote plus design & construction of bag
Bring to class: Scissors, your favourite sewing kit, beading and embroidery needles, a selection of beads, including seedbeads (various sizes), Delicas, pearls, small stones, crystals, etc. Bring along any fabric scraps that you would like to include in your amulet pouch (although I will have plenty to share). A chain, or something else to hang your amulet pouch on, but its best to decide on that after the pouch has been finished. Bring along magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.