- This event has passed.
Anodized Niobium Finger Rings
January 19 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$45.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Join anodizing enthusiast Liz Kennedy to create rainbow of colours with niobium. You will use various gauges of niobium wire to fashion two finger rings using a design of your choice. Along the way, will learn how to shape the rings using a ring mandrel, texture, harden and finish the metal. Then, you’ll learn how to transform the colour of your ring using an anodizer.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Experience working with wire an asset but is not required.
Technique: Wirework; using various gauges of niobium wire to shape decorative finger rings. Sizing the ring, shaping the wire, hardening the wire, texturing the wire, finishing the wire and anodizing the niobium ring.
Bring to class: If they have them: flush wire cutters, pliers (flat nose, chain nose, round nose), ring mandrel, texturing hammers or tools, leather or rubber mallet, ruler, thin sharpie marker, ear protection, metal files. Some of these will be available for use by students if they do not have them.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.