- This event has passed.
Charice Pendant with visiting instructor Carolyn Cave
October 26, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$40.00
Course outline: GemDuos, Tile beads, luminescent pearls, and laser-etched daggers are the perfect ingredients for a sumptuous and multi-layered pendant. Beading artist and designer Carolyn Cave will help you create this elegant piece of jewelry using an embellished variation of right-angle weave (RAW).
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Some seed beading experience
Technique: Multiple stitches; variation of Right-Angle Weave
Bring to class:
- Metallic colour: 9 6x6mm Czech tile beads; 3g size 11/0 Japanese seed beads; 2g size 15/0 Japanese seed beads; 4 8mm twisted jump rings, 22 ga
- Main colour: 9 5x16mm daggers (single hole); 18 gem duos, back-lit; 18 4mm glass pearls; 18 2mm glass pearls
- Contrast colour: 2g size 11/0 Toho demi-rounds
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below, but note: No refunds, credits or cancellations will be permitted for any class with a visiting celebrity instructor.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.