- This event has passed.
Concrete and Candy: Exploring Artist’s Concrete
September 15 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: As featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelery, Anne Marie Desaulniers will take you on an exploratory journey: learning how to use this versatile new medium, while reviewing many of the experimental options available, to take your art/jewellery to the next level. Its fun, addictive, and like candy, one piece will never be enough! I will take you through the mixing, pouring, colouring, inclusion, and curing stages to help you get a better understanding of how to use this product in your work. Suitable bezels, molds, forms, wire, metalwork, and types of inclusions, will also be discussed.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: An overview of some of the possibilities available for working with this medium.
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. A container of Artist’s Concrete, bezels, plus any special items or inclusions, that students would like to include in their pieces. Something to carry your treasures home in the day of the class. Bezels and some inclusions, will be available for purchase at BeadFX.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.