- This event has passed.
Fractal Peyote Triangular Pendant
November 24, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm$50.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: So, what would happen if you took a stack of triangles and spun them around? You would get this marvelous pendant! Join Pamela Kearns and discover how to make this statement pendant, done all in one piece. This pendant is done using size 10/0 delicas and works up fairly quickly. Small drop beads on the triangle corners help to give the pendant drama and movement. As you add layers, the triangles develop a wave along the edge.
You’ll also see other samples of fractal triangles using smaller beads for earrings, etc. This is an easy technique and involves only creating flat triangles.
Skill level: Beginner Plus
Prerequisite: Experience doing flat triangles is helpful but not essential.
Technique: Triangular peyote
Bring to class:
- Up to six colours of size 10/0 Delica beads. You can do this in size 11/0 Delicas if you wish; it will produce a smaller piece of beading.
- Miyuki drop beads or similar beads of choice.
- Beading needle of choice
- Beading thread – not Fireline. I’ve found that Hanna thread works very well as it has some stretch.
- Magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.