- This event has passed.
Introduction to Crochet de Luneville/Tambour Embroidery, Class 2 – rescheduled to May 19
March 27 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree – $145.00
This class has been rescheduled due to the current health situation. Click here to go to the new class page and on-line registration.
Course outline: Put your Class 1 skills to work while creating this beautiful Mini Rose Motif! You’ll be using Crochet de Luneville/Tambour embroidery techniques with thread, beads and sequins to create texture and design. You’ll learn how to follow a drawing using a legend showing which supplies are used in specific areas. Use the finished motif as an applique on your own T-shirt or a brooch.
Pattern, silk fabric, cotton threads, beads and sequins are included in the class fee, as well as the use of the instructor’s tambour hook and frame.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Introduction to Crochet de Luneville/Tambour Embroidery, Class 1. Haven’t had Class 1 yet? No problem, the information for the March 6 class is here.
Technique: The ancestral technique of Crochet de Luneville
Bring to class: Scissors, magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.