- This event has passed.
Jewellery Making 101
May 3 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm$55.00 +Kit fee: $18, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this ‘newbie’ course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create three of pairs of earrings and a crimped bracelet. You’ll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You’ll also learn about what tools you’ll need to start with and which ones you might want later.
The class will feature lots of demos and personal interaction. This comprehensive, information-packed class will be kept small so that everyone will be able to get personal attention. Detailed written and illustrated instructions will be provided and you are welcome to use your phone’s camera feature to record demos for future reference. Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: Novice
Technique: General jewellery making techniques including crimping, making simple loops, wrapped loops, opening/closing jumprings, attaching earwires.
Bring to class: Creativity & enthusiasm; magnification if required; a selection of beads, stones and/or crystal for your projects. Lots of samples will be shown to give you ideas!
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.