- This event has passed.
Needle Felted Landscapes: Pendants and Brooches
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmCdn $60.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: As featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelery, Anne Marie Desaulniers will help you turn a little time into the fantasy landscape of your choice. We will be exploring needle felting, hand, and bead embroidery in this tasty little class. Working in this smaller format, takes a lot of the actual work out of making the project. Create your own magical little world, in a few short hours. You should be able to complete your project in the time allotted.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Must be able to work with wool, and also be physically capable of making repetitive movements, with a single felting needle.
Technique: Needle felting, hand embroidery, bead embroidery
Bring to class: A bezel of choice; many are available at BeadFX. Regular sewing kit, including your favourite needles, and scissors. If you prefer to work with your own supplies, feel free to bring along your favourite embroidery floss, beads, thread, and needles. Magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.