- This event has passed.
Peyote Boot Camp: Crazy about Carrier Beads
September 29, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 4:30 pmCdn $60.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: You’ve seen those delightful beaded beads – strips of peyote wrapped around two-hole Carrier beads. Beaded Carrier beads are then used to create bracelet and necklaces. There are lots of patterns already out there that are available for you to do.
BUT – there is still more that can be done with peyote and Carrier Beads! This class with Pamela Kearns will stretch your basic peyote skills to include other ideas – including adding texture with ‘stitch in the ditch’ and netting. You’ll also see and learn about adding montees to your Carrier bead designs. To add even more dimension, you’ll learn about Flat Cellini and give your Carrier bead projects even more style and sophistication! Along the way you’ll become comfortable using peyote patterns and thinking outside the box.
This class will be technique-driven and you’ll have instructions for lots of ideas that you’ll have fun experimenting with. Knowledge of basic even-count peyote is essential. Need help with odd count peyote? The instructor will teach a quick version of odd-count that is suitable for these projects.
Skill level: Advanced beginner
Prerequisite: Knowledge of basic even-count peyote is essential.
Bring to class:
- A package of 10 clear or black acrylic Carrier beads (not the glass Carrier beads)
- Magnification if required
- You will have access to limited colours and quantities of Delica beads. If you want to focus on particular colours, you may want to purchase them from the store.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.