COVID-19: Your safety is our utmost concern
- Due to Provincial restrictions, our classes are being rescheduled. Classes will resume when the closure mandate is lifted and it safe once again to gather and learn. Thank you for your patience during these difficult times.
- This event has passed.
Peyote Boot Camp: Odd-Count Peyote
May 23, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$45.00 – $50.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: So you’ve learned even-count peyote stitch are now ready for the sister stitch: odd-count peyote or perhaps you’ve been intimidated by the odd-turn? Come on out and I’ll remove the scariness! This is also an excellent class if you need a refresher or need to learn the stitch to take one of Jean Power’s upcoming classes.
This four-hour class with Pamela Kearns will begin by using large cylinder beads, giving you the chance to learn the stitch before progressing to smaller size 10 delica beads. You will learn the three ways of making the odd-turn and what the pros and cons are of each method.
The class project will be a pendant featuring a single strip of peyote stitch, a stitch in the ditch design feature and two sparkling rich-cut fire polish beads. The kit will include various patterns that will work with the design. A kit is required; see details below.
Make your learning complete by taking the Peyote Boot Camp: Even Count Peyote on May 9. Save $5 on each class; you must register for both classes at the same time.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Understanding and some experience with even count peyote.
Technique: Odd-count Peyote with emphasis on how to make the odd turn, how to read odd-count peyote patterns.
Bring to class: Magnification if required; scissors.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.