- This event has passed.
Peyote Boot Camp: Odd-Count Peyote Holiday Edition
November 18, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm$45 – $50.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class
Course outline: So you’ve learned even-count peyote stitch are now ready for the sister stitch: odd-count peyote! Perhaps you’ve been intimidated by the odd-turn? Come on out and I’ll remove the scariness! This four-hour class with Pamela Kearns will begin by using large cylinder beads, giving you the chance to learn the stitch before progressing to smaller size delica beads. You will learn the three ways of making the odd-turn and what the pros and cons are of each method.
The class project will be to start a holiday-inspired bracelet and several patterns will be included in the written instructions. You will need to purchase the materials needed for the bracelet (thread, size 11/0 Delica beads, beading needle and clasp).
Make your learning complete by taking the Peyote Boot Camp: Even Count Peyote on November 4. Save $5 on each class; you must register for both classes at the same time.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Understanding and some experience with even count peyote.
Technique: Odd-count Peyote with emphasis on how to make the odd turn, how to read odd-count peyote patterns.
Bring to class: Magnification if required; size 10 or 11 beading needle; scissors; beading thread of choice (Miyuki or Toho threads are recommended). You will need to purchase your own delica beads and findings to complete your bracelet.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.