- This event has passed.
Quick and Fun: Stretchy Bracelets
February 21, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Stretchy bracelets are all the rage and they are a perfect jewellery choice for last-minute accessories. While they may seem easy, there are some tips and tricks to creating sturdy bracelets. Stretchy bracelets are also easy on/easy off and are especially great for individuals who may have trouble with traditional clasps.
Join Pamela Kearns to learn the finer points of making stretchy bracelets for yourself and friends. The class will also discuss design elements and how to camouflage the knot.The instructor will be in the store one half-hour prior to the class to help with bead/stone selections. Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: How to make stretchy bracelets; how to tie secure knots; how to use crimp covers.
Bring to class:
- Scissors, magnification if required
- Students will need to purchase their own stones or beads and spacers and/or charms if desired for their bracelets
- The purchase of your own Elastic Cord Needle is strongly recommended
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.