- This event has passed.
Resin: A Mixed-up Media Approach
December 8, 2019 @ 11:00 am EST - 5:00 pm ESTCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $25.00, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will help fill your resin toolbox with a mixed melange of techniques that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels!
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement
Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques to resin.
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. Dried flowers and leaves (either dried in a book, or in silica); bezels, charms, collage papers (including old letters) and inclusions. Note: BeadFX has a large supply of bezels, and you will be given plenty of time to shop! If adding botanicals, they will need to be completely dry!
Registration and Class Cancellation Policy: see details below
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.