- This event has passed.
Virtual Class: The Basics of Brick Stitch
August 6 @ 6:00 pm EDT - 8:30 pm EDTCdn $40
Course outline: Brick stitch is an off-loom, in-hand stitch that you can use in a multitude of ways. In this virtual class with Pamela Kearns you will learn the traditional ladder stitch start and how to build from that. The class project will be a pair of earrings, but you can choose to create a diamond shape or add dangles for a personalized design. There are no limits to your design possibilities!
About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Brick Stitch
Have for class:
- Size 10/0 or size 11/0 Delica (cylinder) beads, or you can choose to use size 11/0 seed beads (Miyuki or Toho preferred for a consistent appearance)
- If you wish to create dangles, you can use various shapes of beads including cube beads, larger seed beads, small pearls, druks or fire-polish beads and drops or daggers for the ends (a good stash buster option).
- 6lb Fireline or a good quality beading thread
- Beading needle of choice to fit the beads
- One pair of earring findings
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.