Course outline: Learn how to do cubic right-angle weave (CRAW) with instructor Pamela Kearns. This stitch create a solid piece of beading and looks scarier than it really is. The class project will be a single colour bracelet that you can choose to do in either 6mm fire-polish beads or in 4mm fire-polish beads - both make a dramatic statement! About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic…Find out more »
Course outline: Right-angle weave can't be any easier than in this bracelet! With help from Pamela Kearns, you'll create a base of 6mm beads and then create an embellishment of smaller beads on both sides of the base. About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite:…Find out more »
Course outline: Using carrier beads is an ideal way to create a beaded bead! Stitch a length of flat peyote, zip it around a carrier bead and - voila - a perfect beaded bead. But - what if we changed up flat peyote to create flat 'Cellini'? You then have a beaded bead with form and dimension! Join Pamela Kearns and discover how to do flat Cellini while creating beaded beads. You'll also see examples of other ways to use…Find out more »
Course outline: Beading has been done on looms by several cultures and the myriad of designs reflect a wide range of customs. There are many looms to choose from, depending on what you want to do. Join Pamela Kearns to explore the various looms and their benefits - and drawbacks. We will also looks at the various ways to finish off loomwork and attach a clasp. The class will be technique driven. Handouts will include various patterns and you may…Find out more »
Course outline: So, you've learned to make a peyote triangle (or two) and may have joined them to create a bracelet, bail or a kaleidoicycle, but there's more you can do! Join Pamela Kearns and discover how to use triangular peyote to create a bezel for a large sparkling triangular Swarovski rivoli! You'll learn how to start with a hole in the centre and expand and then decrease to capture the rivoli. You'll again expand your triangle before finally closing…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.