Course outline: Learn how to confidently tie those tiny silk knots between pearls, stones and beads with Angela Peace, and how to attach a clasp using the professional French Wire method. The skills learned in this class can be applied to other stringing and related projects. These techniques are a must for jewelry designers. Illustrated instructions are included in the class fee. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Pearl Knotting and Attaching a clasp using French Wire Bring to class:…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Angela Peace and learn to make fibre beads to add interest, detail and texture to your jewellery designs. During the class you will work with a variety of fibres to create coordinated graduated beads in select colourways. These beads are soft to the touch, and made completely from fibre. Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Fibre Arts Bring to class: Small scissors; magnification if required. Of special note: the…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Angela Peace and explore how to add fibre elements to your jewellery designs! This class will focus on two classic knots used to make solid cords or in small groupings to add design elements. By using different fibres these knots, provide numerous options to create new textures for your projects. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Chinese knotting Bring to class: 20 yard spool of 2mm satin cord in your choice of colour (available at BeadFX);…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Angela Peace and explore how to add fibre elements to your jewellery designs! This class teaches how to make button knot necklace closures - a fashionable alternative to metal findings - and how to use the same button knots to make cords. These fasteners can stand alone or be integrated into a neck cord. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Chinese knotting Bring to class: 20 yard spool of 2mm satin cord in your choice of…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.