Course outline: As featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelery, Anne Marie Desaulniers will help you turn a little time into the fantasy landscape of your choice. We will be exploring needle felting, hand, and bead embroidery in this tasty little class. Working in this smaller format, takes a lot of the actual work out of making the project. Create your own magical little world, in a few short hours. You should be able to complete your…Find out more »
Course outline: As featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelery, Anne Marie Desaulniers will take you on an exploratory journey: learning how to use this versatile new medium, while reviewing many of the experimental options available, to take your art/jewellery to the next level. Its fun, addictive, and like candy, one piece will never be enough! I will take you through the mixing, pouring, colouring, inclusion, and curing stages to help you get a better understanding of…Find out more »
Course outline: Recycle a piece of history, and make a few memories, by covering, and then bead embroidering a family button, or two. The focus will be on large, shank type buttons, but smaller, and flatter buttons could be used as well. Frame them, dress up something special, or use them as closures for a favourite bead weaving piece! Definitely not machine washable, but you can buy special pins, to make them removable (for clothing purposes). A special way to…Find out more »
Course outline: Build a spectacular, fabric-based amulet pouch necklace, that includes stitch, and freeform peyote beading. It will be built on a scrap fabric, collage base, then embellished with simple embroidery stitches, freeform peyote, and/or other stitches. The freeform is optional, as you could also embellish with buttons, or a beaded fringe. Choose to draft your own amulet pouch shape, or use one of the instructors sample designs. Finish with chain, gemstone chain, silk string/cord, leather, Kumihimo, or your own…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.