Course outline: Join Anne Marie Desaulniers and play around with a new idea! Mix up your media, and end up with a fabulous art tag! We will be working on a combination of techniques, that include bead embroidery, fabric, paper, collage, simple stitching, painting, and stamping. Use one, or all of these techniques to design a perfect little piece of art! Use these tags for gift giving, framing, hanging on your holiday tree, or just admiring on your personal design…Find out more »
Course outline: Build a spectacular, fabric-based amulet pouch necklace, that includes stitch, and freeform peyote beading. It will be built on a scrap fabric, collage base, then embellished with simple embroidery stitches, freeform peyote, and/or other stitches. The freeform is optional, as you could also embellish with buttons, or a beaded fringe. Choose to draft your own amulet pouch shape, or use one of the instructors sample designs. Finish with chain, gemstone chain, silk string/cord, leather, Kumihimo, or your own…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Anne Marie Desaulniers to create, and experiment with Quick Cure Clay. Learn how to use this new medium, while making fabulous pendants, &/or cabochons. Cure the clay in minutes, with a simple heat tool! Decorate before, or after curing, while utilizing mixed media supplies, that you probably already have in your toolbox. The instructor will demonstrate a variety of techniques, including filling a metal bezel, freeform techniques, and working with silicone molds. Let’s make some art! Skill…Find out more »
Course outline: As featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelery, Anne Marie Desaulniers will take you on an exploratory journey: learning how to use this versatile new medium, while reviewing many of the experimental options available, to take your art/jewellery to the next level. Its fun, addictive, and like candy, one piece will never be enough! I will take you through the mixing, pouring, colouring, inclusion, and curing stages to help you get a better understanding of…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you been saving up scraps of fabrics, and embellishments? Are you interested in taking a more meditative approach to stitch? Learn to make a series of small art pieces, that include recycled items, forgotten projects, fibre, hand and bead embroidery. Finished pieces, could be used to make cards, framed, or even joined together to make a larger piece. Finishing options will be discussed. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to bezel a cabochon, but didn't really know how? If so, this class with Anne Marie Desaulniers is for you! We will focus on learning how to make a peyote stitch bezel around a flat cabochon. The next steps will include bead embroidery, backing, and edging combinations. Decisions will need to be made on how to finish off the piece. Pendant, and brooch construction will be discussed. This is a building block, and not…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.