Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to bezel a cabochon, but didn't really know how? If so, this class with Anne Marie Desaulniers is for you! We will focus on learning how to make a peyote stitch bezel around a flat cabochon. The next steps will include bead embroidery, backing, and edging combinations. Decisions will need to be made on how to finish off the piece. Pendant, and brooch construction will be discussed. This is a building block, and not…Find out more »
Course outline: Let your imagination fly free, while working on this delightful little project with Anne Marie Desaulniers! Stretch your skills, and capture a little whimsy, with paper collage, paint, Ice Resin and Iced Enamels. Learn to work with Ice Resin, and Iced Enamels (note: both will be project specific). Although this project is designed to be worn as a pendant, it could also be used as a hanging ornament. Suitable for gift giving! Note: a kit is required; see…Find out more »
Course outline: Immerse yourself in colour, let all the stress go, and just wallow in playtime! This is a taster workshop with Anne Marie Desaulniers. We will be exploring a variety of paint, paper, and collage techniques in a fairly short period of time. Day 1, involves wet media, including various types paints for monoprints on paper, &/or small pieces of fabric. Also included on this day is an introduction to flow painting (dirty pours), on a very small scale,…Find out more »
Course outline: Recycle a piece of history, and make a few memories, by covering, and then bead embroidering a family button, or two. The focus will be on large, shank type buttons, but smaller, and flatter buttons could be used as well. Frame them, dress up something special, or use them as closures for a favourite bead weaving piece! Definitely not machine washable, but you can buy special pins, to make them removable (for clothing purposes). A special way to…Find out more »
Course outline: Has your mojo left the building? Have you run out of ideas, are stuck, not inspired, need a little help to finish your project, or start another one? What if a bunch of us got together, and supported each other on a one-to-one basis? I will be there to answer any questions, give you a jump start, and/or remind you of some of the stitches you've already forgotten. There's no shame in UFOs! We all have them, and…Find out more »
Course outline: Add a little whimsy to your life, by joining me in my latest creative adventure, beading a small art doll! I'll provide the face, the stuffed form, and detailed instructions, all you'll need to do is add her unique personality. Your choice of beads and techniques, will transform your doll, into the muse of your dreams. Listen carefully to her whispers, and she'll tell you how to proceed. Possible themes include, but are not limited to the sea,…Find out more »
Course outline: Anne Marie Desaulniers will help you stretch your skills by beading your way out of the Peyote Stitch box! Prepare to work intuitively, while covering a wooden bead with different sizes and shapes of seed beads. Add a single freeform bead, to a simple chain, and make a statement...add a few more, for a stunning necklace! A good way to use up some of those leftover beads. Suitable for hostess gifts &/or holiday gift giving! Definitely not a…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.