Course outline: Are you a collector of small, interesting objects? Would you like to learn how to make an impression, and then copy a version of that object to another medium? You will be able to mold smaller items, such as vintage buttons, brooches, shells, cabochons, faces, textures, and even more! If you have a favourite object, why not keep the original, and use a copy? These opaque silicone molds will be suitable for resin, polymer clay, two-part epoxy clay,…Find out more »
Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques…Find out more »
Course outline: Are you a collector of fibres, paper and beads? Would you like to put some of your precious scraps &/or unfinished projects to use? Pick a shape that you love, then make a colourful, and totally unique, fibre/mixed media collage, pendant or brooch. Use a collection of fibres, beads, hand embroidery, re-cycled and new elements, to personalize your mini work of art! A few simple hand, and bead embroidery stitches will be demonstrated (no previous experience required). A…Find out more »
Course outline: Are you ready for something that's completely out of the box? Learn something new, or utilize your existing skills in fibre-collage, hand embroidery, intuitive bead embroidery, and freeform peyote, to make a miniature piece of art! This is your chance to pull out all the stops, and create something totally unique, and spectacular! These stitched stones can be used as paperweights, dust collectors, or unusual needle keepers. Suitable for yourself, or giving as gifts (you know, for that…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you been saving up scraps of fabrics, and embellishments? Are you interested in taking a more meditative approach to stitch? Learn to make a series of small art pieces, that include recycled items, forgotten projects, fibre, hand and bead embroidery. Finished pieces, could be used to make cards, framed, or even joined together to make a larger piece. Finishing options will be discussed. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an…Find out more »
Course outline: This session is a continuation of the class, held on Thursday, May 17 and intended only for those students that already took that class. Other interested students should sign up for the full class, that starts at 11:30 am. Click here to go to the full-day Stitch Bits class. You will be joining the full-day class, already in progress. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Must have taken the May 17 Stitch Bits class. Technique: Continuation of a relaxing,…Find out more »
Course outline: Has your mojo left the building? Have you run out of ideas, are stuck, not inspired, need a little help to finish your project, or start another one? What if a bunch of us got together, and supported each other on a one-to-one basis? I will be there to answer any questions, give you a jump start, and/or remind you of some of the stitches you've already forgotten. There's no shame in UFOs!? We all have them, and…Find out more »
Course outline: Peak flowering times are short, so why not capture the essence of the season, in this beaded format? Use a few bead and hand embroidery stitches, to create your imaginary, flower filled, beaded landscape. Include charms, chain, and dangles, for a one-of-a-kind art piece, that's sure to be the envy of your family and friends! Each necklace will be an original, and no sketching is required! Fringe & dangles - optional! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique:…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.