(Components list at bottom of page)
Eye of Horus
by: Rochelle Kilmer
A mini history on the ancient Egyptian God Horus and how he influenced the making of this bracelet.
Horus is the son of Osiris and nephew to Set. After Set murdered Osiris, Horus and his mother Isis set to work putting the dismembered Osiris back together and reviving him as lord of the underworld. According to one story, Horus sacrificed one of his own eyes for Osiris. In another story, Horus loses his eye in a subsequent battle with Set. As such, the Eye of Horus symbol is connected with healing and restoration.
The symbol is also one of protection and was commonly used in protective amulets worn by both the living and the dead. Source
Working with leather and crystal I was inspired to create my own talisman for healing and protection. It keeps a watchful eye over me when it is being worn.
1) Place the Crystal Purple Haze Marquette in the bezel setting.
2) Fold over the prongs to keep the crystal from falling out. The prongs are soft enough to do with your fingers so you don't mark the crystal.
3) Cut 2 pieces of the twisted wire; approximately 6 inches long each.
4) Place a pieces wire through the one set of holes on the bezel, crossing the width of the leather.
5) Wrap the wire around the leather, crisscrossing on the underside. You can do more wire wraps than I did, just cut longer pieces of wire and be aware with more wraps the stiffer the bracelet will be.
6) When finished with wrapping, trim the excess leather off and tuck the ends away so that they don't scratch when you wear it.
7) Repeat steps 4-6 for the other set of holes on the bezel.
8) Glue on the clasp. Do a dry fit making sure that the clasp will close properly when glued together. Let it dry for 24 hours before wearing.
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.