(Components list at bottom of page)
Chained in Copper
by: Rochelle Kilmer
Plain and simple. Dress it up or dress it down.
Little black dress? No problem! Jeans, blouse, dress, or even your pj's!
I love the look of this chain and just had to do a necklace with all of it. :) Well not all of it - I left some if you want to make one too! I found some corrugated copper circles that paired nicely and off I went to designing the necklace.
1) I attached the 2 sizes of corrugated circles together with a 4x5mm jumpring. And again for the other set.
2) I wanted these circles to sit on my collar bones, so I measured a piece of copper chain from 1 collar bone to the other. On me it was about an 18inch length of chain.
3) I cut this piece of chain in half. I attached one half of the chain to the jumpring holding our circles together. Do the same with the other half.
4) From here I put the lobster claw on the other ends of the chain using the oval jumprings.
5) For the 5 layers I cut the chain into the lengths I wanted.
From longest to shortest - 16", 15", 14", 13", 12"
6) Starting with the longest strand I attached it using the oval jumprings to just the large corrugated circles.
7) I kind of braided the chain as I was putting them on the circles. You don't have to do this - you can just place them in order of their length.
8) And you are done!!
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
|Qty: 8||s41162 Chain - Triple Half Twist - Raw Copper (foot)||Price: $ 4.75|
|Qty: 1||22801102 Jump Rings Oval - Open - 4x5mm - Copper (100)||Price: $ 1.75|
|Qty: 2||s26465 Link - 16mm Corrugated Circle Ring - Bright Copper||Price: $ 0.90|
|Qty: 2||s26467 Link - 30mm Corrugated Circle Ring - Bright Copper||Price: $ 1.75|
|Qty: 1||23440052 Lobster Clasp - 12mm - Bright Copper||Price: $ 0.75|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.