by: Anne Marie Desaulniers
I was wandering through the metal aisle, and thesecomponents just started screaming at me! They’re all botanical based, and who doesn’t like flowers and leaves?So, a simple pendant necklace was made! This one is for those times, when you don’t want to wear something splashy! Like when you’re wearing a t-shirt and jeans! Do you think that the piece looks like a little flora person? Entirely unintentional, as I didn’t even notice, until it was finished!
Chain Nose Pliers (2)
Round Nose Pliers
- Insert1-3″ Ball Headpin, into 1-Czech Flower.
- Makea wire wrapped loop http://www.beadfx.com/wordpress/index.php/2008/09/08/five-things-you-need-to-know-to-make/.
- Cut excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 1-3, to make a second wire wrapped loop/flower component.
- Open5 mm jump ring and attach to bottom of 12 mm Flora Triangle http://www.beadfx.com/wordpress/index.php/2008/09/15/5-essential-things-you-need-to-know-to/.
- Attachone wire wrapped loop/flower component to jump ring, and close jumpring.
- Repeatsteps 5 & 6, for second wire wrapped loop.
- Open 5 mm jump ring, and attach to top of 12 mmFlora Triangle, then to the bottom of the 11 x 24 mm Jardin Rectangle Bar Link.
- Close jumpring.
- Open8 mm jump ring and attach to the bottom of the 20 mm Flora Circle Link.
- Opena second 8 mm jump ring and attach to the top of the 20 mm Flora Circle Link.
- Closejump ring.
- Cut2 feet of the 2 mm black leather cord.
- Slip the top 8 mm jump ring (on the pendant)onto the 2 mm black leather cord.
- Adda drop of Super New Glue to one 2 mm Rope ? End Cap and quickly insert one end of the 2 mm leather cording.
- Crimp/flattenEnd Cap with chain nose pliers.
- Setaside to dry.
- Repeatsteps 15 to 17, for second end of the 2 mm leather cording.
- Whencompletely dry, open one 8 mm jump ring, an attach to circle end of the ToggleClasp ? Flora Circle.
- Closejump ring.
- Openanother 8 mm jump ring and attach to the bar end of the Toggle Clasp ? FloraCircle.
- Congratulations,your Flora-meta pendant necklace is complete, and because of the componentsused, is completely reversible. Wear it in cozy comfort!
Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.