The world has changed in so many ways! Staying in and working from home has forced everyone to re-think and re-imagine how to accomplish what used to be simple tasks. Now, not only are our children learning from home, we are too!
BeadFX is starting virtual classes beginning in July using Zoom. There are lot of advantages and opportunities to taking a virtual class:
– you can attend from anywhere in Canada, the United States or other parts of the world
– you are in the comfort of your own home, with your beading supplies
– you don’t need to worry about going out while COVID-19 is threatening your health
Unlike a YouTube video, during a virtual class you are learning in real time and can ask questions. You can chat with your classmates. You can make new friends.
Learning is a partnership between instructors and students. Here are things you can do to make your virtual learning experience better:
- Prepare your learning space. Make sure you have a comfortable chair with lots of light and enough space to bead and watch your computer screen.
- Prepare your technology. Virtual classes are best done using a computer screen (desktop or laptop) or using an IPad or tablet – you’ll need to see demos. Think about using a headset – it will help you hear better and also eliminate background noise for others.
- Prepare for class. If at all possible, print the instructions that are sent to you so that you can follow them during the class. If you are using a phone or other device for the instructions, be sure to adjust screen timeout feature so it doesn’t blackout at an inopportune moment.
- Be ready to engage. Ask questions and participate. A virtual class may not have the same sense of connection as a physical class, so it takes a little more effort on everyone’s part.
Check out BeadFX’s virtual class on our July class calendar. Is there something you would like to learn? Send an email to Pamela Kearns, our class coordinator, with your suggestions. We’ll see what we can do.
Our FREE Bead Teas are back too – virtually! They are being held every Wednesday, 1:30 – 3:30pm. Join us for great conversation while beading from home. Register on-line through the class calendar.