COVID-19: Your safety is our utmost concern
- Due to Provincial restrictions, our classes are being rescheduled. Classes will resume when the closure mandate is lifted and it safe once again to gather and learn. Thank you for your patience during these difficult times.
- This event has passed.
Bezelling a Cabochon 101 – Simple but effective!
November 23, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 4:30 pmCdn $60.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to bezel a cabochon, but didn’t really know how? If so, this class with Anne Marie Desaulniers is for you! We will focus on learning how to make a peyote stitch bezel around a flat cabochon. The next steps will include bead embroidery, backing, and edging combinations. Decisions will need to be made on how to finish off the piece. Pendant, and brooch construction will be discussed. This is a building block, and not an intuitive class! Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread.
Technique: Peyote bezel, bead embroidery, backing and finishing choices
Bring to class: A round, or oval cabochon of your choice (must lie absolutely flat at the back, with no holes). Small cup chain, if desired. Seedbeads in a variety of sizes, including 11, 8, and 15s. Toho, or Miyuki are preferred over Czech! Scissors, your regular beading kit, and magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.