- This event has passed.
Bezelling a Cabochon 101 – Simple but effective!
November 23, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 4:30 pm$60.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to bezel a cabochon, but didn’t really know how? If so, this class with Anne Marie Desaulniers is for you! We will focus on learning how to make a peyote stitch bezel around a flat cabochon. The next steps will include bead embroidery, backing, and edging combinations. Decisions will need to be made on how to finish off the piece. Pendant, and brooch construction will be discussed. This is a building block, and not an intuitive class! Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread.
Technique: Peyote bezel, bead embroidery, backing and finishing choices
Bring to class: A round, or oval cabochon of your choice (must lie absolutely flat at the back, with no holes). Small cup chain, if desired. Seedbeads in a variety of sizes, including 11, 8, and 15s. Toho, or Miyuki are preferred over Czech! Scissors, your regular beading kit, and magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.