- This event has passed.
Capture your style: Bead Embroidered Buttons
September 19 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Recycle a piece of history, and make a few memories, by covering, and then bead embroidering a family button, or two. The focus will be on large, shank type buttons, but smaller, and flatter buttons could be used as well. Frame them, dress up something special, or use them as closures for a favourite bead weaving piece! Definitely not machine washable, but you can buy special pins, to make them removable (for clothing purposes). A special way to turn the ordinary, into the extraordinary! Fast, simple, and oh so satisfying! I guarantee that you will not be able to make just one! Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Intuitive bead embroidery, recycling, textiles, stitching
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. Family buttons, your favourite colour selection of seed beads. Note: I use 15s, 11s and 8s, as well as a selection of shaped beads. Your favourite beading kit, including scissors and magnification (if required). Additional items will be available for purchase at BeadFX.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.