Explorations in Freeform Peyote
January 19 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to design your own freeform peyote project, but just didn’t know where to start? Join Anne Marie Desaulniers to find out how! We will start with a review of the basics, but then students will be encouraged to work on projects of their own design. Bracelet, earrings, ring, brooch, pendant, necklace, or you could even decide to cover a stone, or piece of driftwood. Resin donuts will be included in the kit fee, as a base for larger projects (or for future use). The possibilities are endless, addictive, and only limited by your imagination! A stash buster, for sure!!
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Students should be comfortable with a needle and thread.
Technique: Freeform peyote – basics and beyond!
Bring to class: Basic sewing and beading supplies! Interesting objects to use as focals, such as larger beads (stones, polymer clay, etc.), pendants, natural stones, metal pieces, small pieces of driftwood, etc. A variety of sizes, and shapes of seedbeads, in your preferred colour scheme (there will be some to share, in the kit provided, but not enough for a complete project). Crystals, Firepolish, pearls, and charms will also come in handy!
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.