- This event has passed.
Jewellery Making 101
October 24 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this ‘newbie’ course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create up to three of pairs of earrings and a bracelet. You’ll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You’ll also learn about what tools you’ll need to start with and which ones you might want later. This class will feature lots of demos and personal interaction. This information-packed class will be kept small so that everyone will be able to get personal attention. Detailed written and illustrated instructions will be provided and you are welcome to use your phone’s camera feature to record demos for future reference. Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: Novice
Technique: General jewellery making techniques including crimping, making simple loops, wrapped loops, opening/closing jumprings, attaching earwires.
Bring to class: Creativity & enthusiasm; magnification if required; a selection of beads, stones and/or crystal for your projects. Lots of samples will be shown to give you ideas!
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.