- This event has passed.
Nature’s Muse: Beaded Art Doll
April 13, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $30.00, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Add a little whimsy to your life, by joining me in my latest creative adventure, beading a small art doll! I’ll provide the face, the stuffed form, and detailed instructions, all you’ll need to do is add her unique personality. Your choice of beads and techniques, will transform your doll, into the muse of your dreams. Listen carefully to her whispers, and she’ll tell you how to proceed. Possible themes include, but are not limited to the sea, nature, buttons, steam punk, vintage and memorabilia.
Suitable for hoarding, collecting, or gift giving! Students should be prepared to laugh, relax and have fun! Think of it as a play date for adults!
Trading and sharing will be strongly encouraged! Your neighbour just might have the perfect finishing touch for your piece. The reverse is also true.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Intuitive Bead Embroidery on a 3 dimensional form
Bring to class: Regular sewing kit (sharp scissors, needle, thread), your favourite beading needles and thread, needle threader and magnification (if needed), marking pencil/pen, beads, crystals, memorabilia, collected or found objects. Including, but not limited to buttons, keys, small rusty items and old jewellery bits. Note: As this is a full day class, please bring a lunch. Coffee, tea and cold drinks will be provided.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.