- This event has passed.
Peacock Pearl Box with visiting instructor Jean Power
June 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$175.00
Course outline: Learn how to use geometric beading techniques to create a striking vessel that stands on its own beaded feet. The lid has a large crystal centrepiece and pearl highlights incorporated into the beadwork. The class will cover all the techniques needed to make the vessel as well as how to bead variations to make a unique piece of beadwork.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Must be comfortable using peyote stitch
Bring to class: It is recommended that you place an on-line order 2 – 3 weeks in advance of the class for your supplies. You may request pick-up and payment at the time of the class (choose the call back payment option.)
- 15g size 11 Delica beads in main colour (I used DB1153)
- 5g size 15 Miyuki seed beads (I used 4203)
- 1 x 27mm Swarovski round fancy stone #1201 (I used Ultra Turquoise AB) or similar such as 27mm acrylic cabochon or 27mm Czech button made for beading around
- 16 x 6mm Swarovski round pearls #5810 (I used Turquoise for all the pearls)
- 16 x 5mm Swarovski round pearls #5810
- 20 x 3mm Swarovski round pearls #5810
- Beading thread – I recommend a thread such as Nymo, Miyuki, One G etc for the bulk of the project but you can use Fireline for when using the pearls if desired
- Beading needles – the size & make you prefer
- Magnification if required
- Lunch (coffee and cold drinks will be available)
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below, but note: No refunds, credits or cancellations will be permitted for any class with a visiting celebrity instructor.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.