COVID-19: Your safety is our utmost concern
- Due to Provincial restrictions, our classes are being rescheduled. Classes will resume when the closure mandate is lifted and it safe once again to gather and learn. Thank you for your patience during these difficult times.
- This event has passed.
Pearl Knotted Necklace
April 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $55.00
Course outline: Join Rae Huggins-Bowen and discover the ancient art of pearl knotting using pearls to create an elegant necklace that can be worn at the end of the class. I will demonstrate this technique with tweezers, an awl and pearl knotting pliers. Reaming with two different types of bead reamers will also be demonstrated.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Pearl knotting
Bring to class:
- Approx. 50 7x10mm Oval Pearls or 1 strand or 10x11mm Potato Pearls
- #6 Griffin Silk Thread (Thread with the needle attached) to match your pearls
- 1 pair of thread scissors
- Clear nail polish or Super New Glue
- 1 pair of fine straight tweezers
- 1 pair of clamshell tips in a finish of your choice
- 2 jumprings in a finish of your choice
- 1 Toggle or clasp in a finish of your choice
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.