- This event has passed.
Triangular Peyote Bails
January 26 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pmFree - Cdn $55.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Do you have a favourite stone donut or pendant with a large centre hole but don’t know how to hang it from a necklace? Join Pamela Kearns to learn how to create a bail using two beaded triangles!
We’ll first learn (or review) how to make triangles using larger beads and how to join them along one side and at the point inside the centre of the stone donut or crystal. Then, we’ll jump in and create our two triangles using size 10/0 or size 11/0 delica beads. The instructor will have a few patterns that you can use, or you can create your own.
Skill level: Beginner Plus
Prerequisite: Comfort with basic flat peyote; experience with triangular peyote is not required.
Technique: Triangular peyote
Bring to class:
- A stone donut, open centre crystal or any similar shaped pendant that you have. You can also use a pendant with a large front to back hole.
- Three colours of either size 11/0 or size 10/0 delica beads in colours that will complement your pendant.
- Beading thread or 6lb Fireline.
- Beading needle to fit the delica beads.
- A chain or cord for hanging.
- Magnification, if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.