- This event has passed.
Virtual Class: Huichol-style Bead Mosaic
July 14 @ 6:00 pm EDT - 8:00 pm EDTCdn $34
Course outline: The Huichol People of Mexico use beads embedded in wax to portray images for ceremonial art. Join Pamela Kearns to learn how to use this ancient, yet easy, technique to create jewellery and other art objects. While this is a basic class, you’ll see different applications and projects that will spur your creativity!
About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Bead Mosaic
Have for class:
- Beadswax (available from BeadFX). Note: this is a commercial wax; beeswax will not work.
- Applicator Tool (available from BeadFX); can also use a bamboo skewer, toothpick, etc.
- A selection of size 11/0 seed beads (can use Czech, Toho or Miyuki brands). Opaque colours work best; silverlined beads are not recommended.
- A flat wooden surface in whatever shape you wish (such as a disc); available from dollar stores, Michael’s etc.
- We will discuss sealants in class
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.