- This event has passed.
Virtual Class: Kaleidocycles with Hinges (3 weekly sessions)
August 10 @ 6:00 pm EDT - 8:00 pm EDTCdn $70.00
Course outline: Kaleidocycles used to be a toy that smart schoolkids made from folded paper and white glue. Then some beaders had the crazy idea of making them in peyote stitch. Now beaded kaleidocycles are everywhere!
This three-session master class with Gillian Clarke will guide you through planning and assembling your own kaleidocycle, using a design with integrated bead hinges that allow it to turn smoothly (without breaking beads). Sample colour patterns will be provided; you can modify them or design your own from scratch.
This class will be taught in three sessions: Monday, August 10; Monday, August 17; and Monday, August 24. All sessions will be 6:00 – 8:00pm.
About 7 days prior to the first class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
Prerequisite: You should be very comfortable with making flat triangles in peyote stitch and zipping peyote stitch pieces together.
Technique: Peyote stitch
Have for class:
- Delicas size 11 in multiple colours
- Size 15/0 seed beads, any colour you wish
- 6lb Fireline (or beading thread of your choice)
- Beading needle size 11
- Good lighting and magnification if you need it
- Beading surface, scissors or thread burner
- Notepad, coloured pencils for designing your pattern
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.