- This event has passed.
Virtual Class: Spiral Rope Basics
July 9 @ 6:00 pm EDT - 9:00 pm EDTCdn $46
Course outline: Spiral Rope is one of the most versatile stitches; change the beads and you change look of your piece completely! The rope itself is flexible and lightweight yet strong enough to hold a pendant. In this virtual class with Pamela Kearns you will learn the basics including how to personalize your design using beads you have on hand to create a bracelet – or bead it longer for a necklace!
About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Spiral Rope
Have for class: (all are available through BeadFX)
- Two or more colours of seed beads; size 8/0 seed beads are recommended for beginners
- Optional: 4mm fire-polish beads or round druks; 1 – 3 focal beads to complement your seed beads
- 6lb Fireline or a beading thread with little stretch, such as TOHO One G.
- Beading needle of choice
- Clasp of choice and jump rings
- Magnification if required
- Two pairs of pliers to open jump rings
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.