Course outline: Spiral Rope is one of the most versatile stitches; change the beads and you change look of your piece completely! The rope itself is flexible and lightweight yet strong enough to hold a pendant. In this virtual class with Pamela Kearns you will learn the basics including how to personalize your design using beads you have on hand to create a bracelet - or bead it longer for a necklace! About 7 days prior to the class you…Find out more »
Course outline: The Huichol People of Mexico use beads embedded in wax to portray images for ceremonial art. Join Pamela Kearns to learn how to use this ancient, yet easy, technique to create jewellery and other art objects. While this is a basic class, you'll see different applications and projects that will spur your creativity! About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class.…Find out more »
Course outline: Learning how to do peyote triangles opens up a world of design possibilities! In this class with Pamela Kearns, you will learn how to establish the triangle; how to increase the design and how to create a pattern. The class will focus on making a pair of earrings, but you will see other designs using this same technique that will ignite ideas for future projects! About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email…Find out more »
Course outline: If you've never beaded before, this is a perfect class to start a new hobby with! If you're an experienced beader, add this fun and fast stitch to your technique tool box. Join Pamela Kearns in this virtual class to discover the versatility of this summery stitch. The Daisy Chain stitch can be personalized by your choice of colours and how you vary the flowers' repetitions. During the class, you'll see lots of examples using Daisy Chain. The…Find out more »
Course outline: Brick stitch is an off-loom, in-hand stitch that you can use in a multitude of ways. In this virtual class with Pamela Kearns you will learn the traditional ladder stitch start and how to build from that. The class project will be a pair of earrings, but you can choose to create a diamond shape or add dangles for a personalized design. There are no limits to your design possibilities! About 7 days prior to the class you…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn how to do cubic right-angle weave (CRAW) with instructor Pamela Kearns. This stitch create a solid piece of beading and looks scarier than it really is. The class project will be a single colour bracelet that you can choose to do in either 6mm fire-polish beads or in 4mm fire-polish beads - both make a dramatic statement! About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic…Find out more »
Course outline: Right-angle weave can't be any easier than in this bracelet! With help from Pamela Kearns, you'll create a base of 6mm beads and then create an embellishment of smaller beads on both sides of the base. About 7 days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite:…Find out more »
Course outline: Using carrier beads is an ideal way to create a beaded bead! Stitch a length of flat peyote, zip it around a carrier bead and - voila - a perfect beaded bead. But - what if we changed up flat peyote to create flat 'Cellini'? You then have a beaded bead with form and dimension! Join Pamela Kearns and discover how to do flat Cellini while creating beaded beads. You'll also see examples of other ways to use…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.