Crystal Windows Bracelet (2 sessions)
Challenge yourself with this exciting crystal bracelet!
Join Pamela Kearns and discover to to create this statement bracelet featuring sparkling bicone crystals that peek out of peyote stitch windows. It may seem intimidating at first, but you’ll quickly understand how it works up. As part of the class, you’ll learn how to create windows containing a crystal and how to create them without a crystal so you can decide for yourself how you wish to fill the spaces. We’ll create it in two colours (with an accent), but you’ll see examples of multiple colour choices.
This class will be held in two sessions: Tuesday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 9; 6:00 – 8:00pm both sessions.
– Starting the bracelet
– How to start the windows, build them with and without the crystals, and how to close them
– Homework: continue the length of the bracelet
– questions and answers and troubleshooting issues from the previous class
– how to finish your bracelet using French Wire for a clean look
Type of class: Virtual. A few days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
Prerequisite: Must be very comfortable with odd-count peyote and figure-8 odd turn
Technique: Odd-count peyote with inclusions
Have for class: (materials listed are for 6.5″ wrist; you’ll need more if your wrist is larger)
- Three colours of size 11/0 Delica beads (colours A and B: approximately 5gms; colour C: approximately 2gms)
- Bead thread of choice – not Fireline
- Beading needle of choice to fit the beads
- 59 4mm bicone or round crystals (any brand – Swarovski or Preciosa)
- 4-strand tube clasp
- Eight 4mm open jump rings
- Approximately 3” of fine or medium French wire for finishing
- Tools: scissors, pliers to open/close jump rings, cutter for French Wire, ruler
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: click here