Dragonscale Chainmaille Bracelet (2 sessions)
Challenge your chainmaille skills with this beautiful bracelet!
Just – wow. Dragonscale is the most dramatic, tactile and all-out impressive of all the chainmaille weaves. It is lavishly complex in appearance, but not as hard as it looks – promise!
This is a two-part class so we can cover the finishing and clasp in a short (1 hour) second session.
This class will be held in two sessions: Thursday, April 15, 6:00 – 8:00pm; and Thursday, April 22, 6:30 – 7:30pm.
Type of class: Virtual. A few days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Kit fee: Custom kits can be arranged. Please contact the instructor at email@example.com; allowing plenty of time for mailing.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: General chainmaille skills. Students should have completed several projects.
Have for class: If you don’t have rings in your stash, rings are available from www.theringlord.com or contact the teacher.
- Two pairs of pliers suitable for chainmaille.
- A clasp of your choice – toggle, lobster claw or multi-strand clasps will all work.
- Saw cut anodized aluminum jump rings (or any other metal) in the following sizes:
- 18swg 9/32” – main colour
- 18swg 3/16” – inside/highlight colour
- You will need equal numbers of both ring sizes. For a 7 1/2” length of weave (length not including the clasp) you will need the following:
- 1 inch wide band – 195 rings of each size
- 1.5 inch wide band – 270 rings of each size
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: click here