Tic Tac Tila Bracelet (2 sessions)
Create a colourful bracelet using multiple shapes of beads!
Size 8/0 seed beads worked in right-angle weave creates the base of this bracelet to which you’ll add 2-hole Tila beads and size 11/0 seed beads as embellishment. The result is a stunning statement bracelet! We’ll begin with the base and then, with a second thread, create the embellishment which will stabilize the base and add lots of colour and contrast. Your instructions will include both a narrow and a wide band variation – the choice will be yours to make. The technique is not difficult but does require time and patience.
The class will be taught in two sessions on Tuesday, April 6, 6:00 – 8:00pm, and on Tuesday, April 23, 6:00 – 7:00pm.
Session 1: How to do flat right-angle weave; how to add the second thread and do the embellishment.
Session 2: Q and A from the first session; how to finish the bracelet
Type of class: Virtual. A few days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Very comfortable with in-hand beading; some previous experience with flat right-angle weave will be helpful but not necessary.
Technique: Flat Right-Angle Weave (RAW) with embellishment
Have for class:
- One 20gm tube of size 8/0 Japanese seed beads (Miyuki or Toho)
- One tube of size 11/0 Japanese seed beads (Miyuki or Toho)
- 2-Hole Tila beads in as many colours as you wish; you can also use 2 half-Tila beads in place of a single Tila bead
- 8lb or 10lb Fireline for the base; beading thread or 6lb Fireline for the embellishment
- Beeswax, real or synthetic
- 2-strand or 4-strand tube clasp, depending on the width of bracelet you choose
- 6mm open jump rings
- Optional: 3” or so of French Wire and 4mm open jump rings instead of 6mm jump rings for a finer finish
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: click here