Dragonscale Peyote Bracelet (2 sessions)
Create a peyote bracelet with movement and style!
Join Pamela Kearns in this virtual class and take your peyote skills to the next level with this statement bracelet. Based on peyote chevrons, as the bracelet is worn the chevron centres rise up to resemble scales. The triangular tips are finished with Pip beads (or drops) adding to the dimensional quality of the design. A hidden snap creates the closure.
Students may use either size 11/0 or size 10/0 Delica beads (the size 10/0 Delicas will make a proportionally wider bracelet and will work up faster)
This will be a two session class and will be held Thursday, March 11 and Thursday, March 18; 6:30 – 8:30pm both dates.
Session 1: Learning the technique; getting you started on the bracelet
Session 2: Questions and answers; continuation of the bracelet; adding the clasp.
Type of Class: Virtual. A few days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Students must know how to do basic peyote; experience with tubular peyote and triangular peyote will be extremely useful.
Technique: Students will learn this variation of triangular/chevron peyote that features unstitched sections within the band.
Bring to class:
- Two or more colours of either size 10/0 or size 11/0 delicas (the exact number will be determined by the final size)
- Pip beads or Miyuki fringe drops in a coordinating colour (or similar shaped drop bead).
- Sewing snap, 3/8″ – 1/2″, any colour
- Beading thread of choice or 6lb Fireline;
- Beading needle to fit your beads.
- Magnification, if required
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: click here
Dragonscale Peyote Bracelet, Day 2
- 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Dragoncale Peyote Bracelet, Day 2
- Questions and answers; continuation of the bracelet; adding the clasp.